Dada artist: Hannah Höch exploring the dark side Corneliu Baba randoms forgotten realities 90s flashback: heroin chic poem-photo-painting

 

Jul 24, 2013

exploring the dark side

>> David Lynch <<
I See Myself, 1992


in his studio, 1991
"All my paintings are organic, violent comedies. 
They have to be violently done and primitive and crude, and to achieve that I try to let nature paint more than I paint."

Alice Thinks about Suicide, 2008

Lynch at Universal Studios, 1981

 "I wouldn't know what to do with [colour]. Colour to me is too real. It's limiting. It doesn't allow too much of a dream. 
The more you throw black into a colour, the more dreamy it gets ... Black has depth. It's like a little egress; you can go into it, 
and because it keeps on continuing to be dark, the mind kicks in, and a lot of things that are going on in there become manifest. 
And you start seeing what you're afraid of. You start seeing what you love, and it becomes like a dream."

Here I Am - Me as a House,  1990

Emily Scream #1, 2008

Untitled from the Industrial Motives series

Untitled from the series Nudes and Smoke

Bee board, 1994

Anima by Charlotte Dumas, 2012
(one of the 99 photos picked by David Lynch for his selection of favorite photographs 
for the book Paris Photo)


Club Silencio, Paris - interior design by David Lynch

The Angriest Dog in the World
published in the LA Reader, 1983-1992

Mystery Man in Lost Highway (1997)

"Ed: Do you own a video camera?
Renee: No. Fred hates them.
Fred: I like to remember things my own way.
Ed: What do you mean by that?
Fred: How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened.
"


"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain
."
Dune quote (1984)

photo after Grant Wood's painting American Gothic
 with his wife Peggy and daughter Jennifer, outside their house in Philadelphia

from the Distorted Nudes series, 2004

- ERASERHEAD -
& inspirations..
***

Three Studies for a Crucifixion by Francis Bacon, 1962

Portraits of Francis Bacon by John Deakin, 1952

Painting by Francis Bacon, 1946

The Nose by Nikolai Gogol, 1835-36 / The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, 1915

Un Chien Andalou by Luis Buñuel & Salvador Dalí, 1929

Untitled by Francis Bacon

Three Studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion by Francis Bacon, 1944


Blood of the Beasts (Le Sang des bêtes), short film by Georges Franju, 1949

selected works by Samuel Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment