Dada artist: Hannah Höch exploring the dark side Corneliu Baba randoms forgotten realities 90s flashback: heroin chic poem-photo-painting

 

Sep 27, 2009

Laurie Lipton

Laurie Lipton is a well known drawing artist. She says she thinks in images and gets inspiration from strong emotions. Through her bizarre - surreal drawings and the dark tones artworks it seems that she gives a new insight into horror genre.
In her own words...

"My art began as a repository for all my negative
emotions. I was a perfect, cute little girl in a perfect, cute little suburb in New York and didn't know what to do with all the dark, fearful shit that was swirling round in my head. If I hadn't found an outlet, I would have exploded like a firecracker."
...

"I love Horror. It is the bastard daughter of the gothic novel, which was a genre developed mainly by women. Why was that? I guess it allowed women to access their deepest, subconscious emotions in a way that the conventional novel never did."


Why Am I Always Attracted to...? (1993)

Prime Time (2006)

Family Reunion (2005)

Over the Edge (1995)

Facing up to Reality (1989)

Sinking into the Act of Love (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment