Dada artist: Hannah Höch exploring the dark side Corneliu Baba randoms forgotten realities 90s flashback: heroin chic poem-photo-painting

 

Jan 13, 2013

senses of favourite

- Vincent van Gogh -
Four Swifts with Landscape Sketches, 1887

Branches of an Almond Tree in Blossom (Red)
Almond Blossoms series (1888-1890)

Peasant Burning Weeds, 1883

"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, 
and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, 
and what is done in love is done well."

Orphan Man in Sunday Clothes with Eye Bandage, 1882

Peach Trees in Blossom, 1888
 When I first saw the painting in the Van Gogh Museum, I was so amazed.. I was looking at it for quite long time.. 
I guess the two shadows of the tree stimulated my imagination..

Girl in the Woods, 1882

Blossoming Almond Branch in a Glass with a Book, 1888

"How can I be useful, of what service can I be? 
There is something inside me, what can it be?"


"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; 
do not become the slave of your model."

Pollard Birches, 1884
(source: here)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely collection of rather uncommon images from a true master.

    ReplyDelete